Blended Learning refers to the blending of In-School Learning (ISL) and Home-Based Learning (HBL). The integration of HBL will be a regular feature in our students’ schooling experience.
From 2023, HBL will take place on even week Thursday.
HBL aims to
- enhance digital literacy skills and the use of ICT tools in learning, and
- nurture independent and self-directed learners.
MOE’s model for HBL days gives students different types of learning experiences:
This would allow for a seamless blending and continuity of learning in school and on HBL days.
Structure for Blended Learning
Our students will receive two sets of timetables.
|Odd Week timetable||Even Week with HBL Day timetable|
|• Students report to school for In-School Learning (ISL) for all days of the week|
• Usual school arrangement
|• Students report to school for In-School Learning (ISL) on Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri|
• Student will stay at home for Home-Based Learning (HBL) on Thurs
○ Plan the learning schedule for the day
○ Time for Student-Initiated Learning (SIL)
If your child/ward needs any assistance during the HBL period, they can
- contact their Form Teacher via email
- call the school General Office at 6344 1393
- call the school ICT helpdesk at 6579 1395 (for technical enquiries)